Burr is one of the common phenomena in fiber laser cutting machine processing. In laser cutting processing, the irregular parts such as sharp corners and burrs that sometimes appear at the transition of the workpiece surface are burrs. Burr directly affects the dimension precision, shape and position precision and surface roughness of the workpiece.
The main reasons for the burrs in the processing of sheet metal by fiber laser cutting machine:
When the fiber laser cutting machine is processing the workpiece, the high energy generated by the laser beam irradiating the surface of the workpiece quickly vaporizes to achieve the purpose of cutting. There are generally two main reasons for burrs: First, the auxiliary gas blows off the slag on the surface of the workpiece when the irradiated surface of the workpiece is vaporized. If the auxiliary gas is not used, the slag will form burrs attached to the cutting surface after cooling. The second is the equipment itself, parameter setting factors, and daily use skills. Therefore, after customers purchase a new fiber laser cutting machine, they must undergo professional training before starting to use it.
1. Solutions for burrs in fiber laser cutting machine cutting:
(1) Use auxiliary gas for cutting.
The purity of the gas should be high, and it is best not to use cylinder gas, because after two fillings, the purity is not good and gas is wasted. Such as laser cutting stainless steel, nitrogen is recommended as the auxiliary gas. Nitrogen is a flame-retardant gas. During laser processing, nitrogen not only prevents the explosion of laser cutting, the heated end surface will not be instantly oxidized, and the cut end surface will be smoother and brighter. The auxiliary gas should be adjusted to a pressure of 12-15 kg. The nitrogen under this pressure will not completely prevent the combustion, and can also quickly blow away the waste and remove the burrs.
(2) Find a professional operator to debug the parameters of the metal laser cutting machine, until normal, you can successfully complete the cutting operation of the fiber laser cutting machine. Some parameter setting factors of the fiber laser cutting machine will also affect the appearance of the slag, which will cause the burrs of the fiber laser cutting machine, so the cutting parameters should be adjusted to the best state. Equipment + gas + parameters, adjusted to the best, the cut workpiece is free of burrs, making the cutting of the fiber laser cutting machine more quality.
2. According to the working principle of the laser cutting machine, the reasons and solutions for the burrs are analyzed
(1) The up and down position of the focus of the beam is deviated.
Solution: Adjust the position of the focus and adjust it according to the offset position it produces.
(2) The output power of the machine is not enough.
Solution: Check whether the laser cutting machine is working properly. If it is abnormal, it needs timely repair and maintenance. If it is normal, check whether the output value is correct.
(3) The wire cutting speed of the fiber laser cutting machine is too slow.
Solution: Adjust and increase the wire cutting speed in time.
(4) The purity of the auxiliary gas of the fiber laser cutting machine is not enough.
Solution: Explain how to improve the purity of auxiliary gas.
(5) The addition point of the laser beam of the fiber laser cutting machine has shifted.
Solution: Debug the focus and make adjustments in time.
(6) The instability of the fiber laser cutting machine operating time is too long.
Solution: Turn off the machine and restart it and let the machine rest.